If you are new to the game, this beginner’s guide to RAID: Shadow Legends gives you the most important information you need to know for the first few days.
Quick RAID: Shadow Legends Beginner’s Progress Guide
- Equip Lifesteal and Speed Set on your Starter Champions to give them better survivability. Remember to have enough pieces in the set so that they can activate the effect of the set. Kael is currently the best starting champion.
- Get this champion to level 60 at 6⭐ as soon as possible. This will help you easily take out campaign battles and upgrade your forages.
- Get the Basic Masteries (the first 3 rows) of 3 of your strongest champions to strengthen them a bit.
- Save gems to purchase full masteries for the novice champion. Later, use it to farm masteries for other Minotaur Maze Champions.
- You can now deal high damage to clan and dungeon leaders for much better rewards.
- Aim to have 5 champions at maximum mastery to play more easily in different game modes. See our list of RAID levels: Shadow Legends for more details.
- Keep maxing out our other champions and aim to farm better gear for them.
- Complete the daily quests.
- Upgrade your starter’s champion gear so you can use them to upgrade forage champions.
- Upgrade Gem Mine if you plan to play the game for a long time.
- Spend Gems to maximize your Starter’s Champion Masteries to make them much stronger without wasting your time.
- Get your Starter Champion at 6⭐ as fast as possible. It will help you a lot in all game modes.
- Spend gems to maximize the gem mine, market, and open new locations in Sparring Pit.
- Focus on creating 1 Champion at the same time. It is always better to use 1 strong hero rather than 5 useless champions.
- Buy Mystery Shards from the Market and spend them in the Champion Hunting Tournament.
- Buy some uncommon champions in the market and use them for forage.
Must not do
- Never sacrifice your epic or legendary champions except to increase the skill level of a duplicate champion. The same applies to Void Champions. Almost all of the epic / legendary champions in this game are useful in at least one game mode.
- Don’t invest heavily in Common / Uncommon Champion due to early game as they are weak in weak / late game and you won’t use them too much. It is best to keep them at no more than 4.
- Always spend your Energy and never keep it too capped as this prevents Energy from regenerating over time.
- Do not open items like energy recharge, double XP, etc. immediately until you need it.
- Don’t fight too strong a Clan Boss so you don’t waste CB Keys!
Affinity Bonus (faction)
|Lower affinity||Neutral affinity||Stronger affinity|
+ 35% chance to hit low
|0% chance of hard hit
0% chance to hit low
No penalties or benefits
|+ 15% C.RATE
+ 30% chance of hard hit
|Weak blow||Normal blow||Strong blow|
Cannot apply debuffs
|No penalties or benefits||+ 30% damage|
RAID: Shadow Legends Beginner FAQs
Who is the best rookie champion in RAID?
- Kael: Farmer, AoE, Clan Boss Campaign
- Athel: Country Farmer, AoE, Clan Boss
- Elhain: Country Farmer, AoE, Clan Boss
- Galek: Bad, not recommended.
The best champions that are easy to obtain?
You can easily get these champions through campaign farming:
- Diabolist: Speed up the whole team and increase the Turn Meter.
- Executioner: Arena defense and countryside farming
- Valerie: Arena defense
- Rocktooth: Spirit Keep Dungeon (Great Healing Reduction Debuff Against High HP Bosses).
- Warmaiden: For Keep Dungeon (Decreased boss defense debuff at high HP).
- Spirithost: Arena Offense (Speed and Attack Buff)
Should I use 1/2 Champion?
In general, they are very easy to obtain and not worth the effort. but you can try to use the following champions to have more fun in the game:
- Outlaw monk: chieftain.
- Dervish: dungeon of the dungeon of the spirits
- Spirit Walker: Dungeon of Strength Dungeon
- Skinner: Magic Dungeon Dungeon
- Armiger: Spider Den Dungeon
- Armiger: Ice Golem Peak Dunegon
- Saurus, Sister Militant, Sniper, Shieldguard are good attackers in general.
Best arena champions for beginners?
- High Khatun (Speed buff for the team, start the fight with her).
- Spirit Host (Team Speed Buff, Attack Buff, start battle first with her).
- Warmaiden (Decreased defense debuff, use it on 2nd turn)
- Kael / Athel / Berserker / Relickeeper (Damage Dealer, 3rd / 4th turn attack after gaining buffs).
The best champions of agriculture in the countryside?
- Legendary Champions: Big ‘Un, Queen Eva
- Void Champion: Belower
- Starting champions: Athel, Kael, Elhain
- Common / Uncommon: Saurus, Shieldguard
What are the best healers in RAID: Shadow Legends?
- cursed priest
- Steel skull
Can I get more rewards for getting a 3-star victory in the campaign?
No, you will get the same amount of reward. However, getting more starts will unlock the Campaign Success rewards for you!
Does the aura buff increase total stats?
No, aura effects only increase the base stats of champions, including stats from artifacts, skills, masteries, and bonuses from the Great Hall. Any bonus stats improved during battle do not count.
Recommended speed for the CB counterattack team
- Brutal: 161-169 Speed
- Nightmare: 171-179 Speed
- Ultra Nightmare: 191-199 speeds
Quick Guide to All RAID Dungeons
Arcane Dungeon Boss
For more details, please visit our Arcane Keep guide.
|Gale||Attacks all enemies, dealing 75% more damage to Champions that don’t have active buffs.|
|Last Stand||60% [Increase DEF] buff and 30% [Increase SPD] buff for 2 turns. Cooldown: 4 rounds.|
|Almighty immunity [Passive]||Immune to Freeze, Stun, Taunt, Sleep, Fear, Active Skill Block, and True Fear debuffs. Immune to the cooldown increase effect, health swap effect, and health rebalance effect.|
|left servant||Decreases area attack.|
|right-hand servant||Removes the AoE buff.|
How to beat him?
Your general can deal with him using your clan boss team, as he belongs to the Void Affinity, so there are no weaknesses or affinity bonuses here.
It’s best to keep buffs on your champions all the time as it can deal a lot of damage to unbuffered champions.
Use champions that give your team more survivability like shield, continuous healing, speed boost, protection from allies, etc. and buffs that increase your team’s damage. Also consider using some debuffs like Decrease Defense, Decrease Attack, Weaken, Decrease Speed, etc. to defeat the boss even faster.
Remove his buffs using the [Remove Buffs] Skills.